Chakrasana Yoga Training Belt
Why is this deep backbend so important for you?
- Heals kyphosis, a.k.a. schlumping
- Corrects postural problems caused by excessive sitting
- Opens and balances all the chakras, increasing the flow of healing energy through your whole body
- Opens your heart and releases emotional blockages in your heart chakra, thereby making you happy
- Stimulates your nervous system
- Restores flexibility to your spine
- Strengthens all the muscles in your back body
- Tones your abdominal muscles
- Great aerobic exercise that stimulates your heart and lungs
- Heals asthma, osteoporosis and infertility
- Is a great big-bang exercise that addresses all your major muscles
- Improves your circulation
- Energizes your internal organs including your heart, liver, kidneys, adrenal glands, pancreas and digestive organs
- Lowers your stress level by balancing your adrenal glands
- Natural healing remedy for depression
- Stimulates your thyroid and pituitary glands
- You may need to develop your strength as well as your flexibility to be able to access a full chakrasana pose.
In between each variation, counter pose with twists such as traction twist, mermaid, chair twist, sage twist, scissor twist and other spinal rotations to open and balance your vertebrae.
Chakrasana introduces our conscious awareness to the energy flowing through the chakras. While the torso is reflexed, the Manipura chakra is affected. And as the seat of digestive fire, this Chakra regulates the function of the Pancreas and digestive organs. The solar plexus contains many precious jewels such as the qualities of clarity, self-confidence, bliss, self-assurance, knowledge, wisdom and the ability to make correct decisions.
Benefits of Chakrasana
Spine flexibilty and strength- Wheel pose strengthens and lengthens the vertebrae, which increases elasticity and flexibility of the spine. As we age, our spines compress, but this asana helps us stand tall in the later years too!
Tones the abdominal region- Regular practice ensure that the obliques and the abdominal fat is reduced.
Opens up the chest- while increasing the lung capacity. Thereby it helps in more oxygen being circulated in the body.
Stimulates nervous system and endocrine system– Due to stimulation of the thyroid and pituitary glands, when engaged in the posture, happy hormones/chemicals are secreted. It energises and de-stresses you.
Stretches the hip while increasing hip flexibility.
Heart opener- As the chest is pushed out, the cardiovascular health improves, the energy is activated. This helps in emotional stability and more harmony in relationships.
Strengthens the arms, shoulders and wrist.
- Extroversion in personality– As the heart centre opens we are more comfortable interacting with people. And it is easier to form connections and forgive others.